It is important to identify an account holder for the bank. And an Account Number clarifies the customer’s details information. So every bank writes their Account number on check. Because It is very important to identify a person before setting up an electronic activity like online purchases, wire transfers or direct deposits. Failure to provide the correct account number could result in delayed or missing paychecks or payments on your monthly bills, such as rent, mortgages or student loans. And A bank account number shows the details information of a customer.
5 ways to find your Account Number on Check
There are several ways to find Account Number lookup. you can find your bank Account Number if you need it. I’m telling you all the ways of Account Number lookup including Where do you find your bank Account number on check.
Find your Bank Account Number on Check:
This is the easiest way to get the Bank account number. But most of the people cannot understand which set of number is Bank account number. Because on a bank’s check, there is 4 Set of number’s are available. So I’m tring to tell you the way of how to find your Bank Account Number on Check?
Generally, an account number is located at the bottom of a check. You will find 3 sets of number on your check. It’s the second group of numbers from the left and next to your nine-digit routing number. Banks have varying amounts of digits in the account numbers. You will find at list 12 digit and up to 16 digit Account number. It depends on the number of customers. look at the picture below for better understanding of where do you Find your Bank Account Number on Check.
Bank Statement: You will get Account Number on your bank statement paper. You will find it at the top of the page. If you don’t have a check, then you can look up your bank account number on your monthly bank statement. Look at the top of the statement document for a series of numbers labeled “Account Number.”
Bank official website’s Online Account (Online Banking): Go to Bank‘s official website and “login” your online account. Go to your bank’s online account for your Account Number Lookup. You will find it on your online account page. Remember, you must “login” your bank’s online account to get your account number.
Banks official App: You will get your bank Account Number on banks official app or android mobile app if you can login on your account by using that app. So login your account by using your ID or Email Address and password in the official app for your Account Number.
NB: Please make sure that you have a secure internet connection access when you are accessing financial information like this. Never access your online banking account by using internet connection.
Your Bank: If you are still unable to find your Bank Account Number, then go to your local bank where you opened your account or Call your bank’s customer service department and ask your account number (In this case, you may need to provide additional information for the security purpose).
- If you have a checking account with the debit card, note that the string of 16 digits you see on your debit card. Remember, this is not your checking account number; it is the debit card number.
- If you have a savings account and a checking account at the same bank, you likely will have two different account numbers — one for each account. It’s important to know which account you intend to use for a given transaction before looking for the account number.
- Do not confuse the account number with the routing number on check. Routing number must be 9 digits. Lookup the routing number is the first set of 9 digit numbers that appear at the bottom of your check, in the far left-hand corner. The routing number identifies the branch location at which you opened your account, not your personal account at the bank. Always remember that, You need both numbers Bank Account Number and routing number when you need any kind of electronic activities.
- Cashier’s Check
- Find the Routing number on the Check
- Swift Code
- Lookup your swift code
- Lookup Your Routing Number